Thursday, May 21, 2020

Throwback T.V. Thursday

It's Throwback T.V. Thursday.
Static Television GIF

I'm about to seem very old, so be warned.

My parents were pretty strict about what we were allowed to watch, but they didn't know that my brothers watched
The Dukes of Hazzard when they weren't home.

Dukes Of Hazzard Show GIF

And Masters of the Universe
Animated GIF

We used to watch The Muppet Show on Sunday evenings after the Wonderful World of Disney.

I liked Pigs in Space and my favourite muppet was Scooter. My brother Arden loved Rolf the dog who played the piano. We called my sister Miss Piggy which was mean, but at the time, hilarious. Plus I'm a way bigger actual food pig than she is.

miss piggy muppets GIF

We also watched Little House on the Prarie, which I think was on just before supper.

I had the box set of the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder as well and I loved them a lot. I had the blue box set. They also made it in yellow and I used to have this weird Inception-like thing going on where if I wasn't sure if I was dreaming, I would go and see what colour my Little House books were. If they were Yellow, I knew I was dreaming. Weirdo alert.

happy nbc 90th special GIF by NBC

I remember the first TV we had that had a "remote control" which was on a long cord.
Who remembers this? City TV on channel 56.
2 - TVO
3 - GLOBAL
4 - Detroit NBC
5 - French Channel
6 - CBC
7 - ABC Detroit
... that's all I remember. How could I forget?

Pin on 60's & 70's

Get ready for this. Are you sitting down? The T.V. that I took to University for my room in residence was -
BLACK
AND
WHITE
black and white vintage GIF

What's more fun than TV? More TV. 😇


No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback T.V. Thursday

It's  Throwback T.V. Thursday. I'm about to seem very old, so be warned. My parents were pretty strict about what we were...