Saturday, April 18, 2020

Am I the only person on earth who, once they start blogging, thinks in blog posts? It's like twitter - I also constantly think about how I could squish my internal monologue into a witty tweet. It's so nerdy. My son would say it is cringe. At least I think that is the current word. He re-friended me on Facebook today after I blocked him and then unblocked him when he made fun of my political views in the middle of an unrelated argument. I forget what he called me in the heat of said argument that made me block him on Facebook. Then I had to unblock and re-friend him after I was done being mad at him. It took him several weeks to accept. How old am I, you might ask? Sixteen? No. Forty-five. But this is the messy realness of my life.




A book is about polish and redoing and voice all at the same time. I am always trying to mush up the voice and push it through the clean copy. This blog is only about voice. And gifs, obviously.




Maybe two posts in a row is a good sign even if they are both about nothing. As long as I keep hearing the blog in my head I'll keep writing it, I guess. Even though it is cringe.




Possibly I am procrastinating from writing a query letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback T.V. Thursday

It's  Throwback T.V. Thursday. I'm about to seem very old, so be warned. My parents were pretty strict about what we were...