Friday, April 17, 2020

Here we go again


Here I am, taking a break from watching Tiger King, revisiting this blog for the first time in well over a year.




At the time when I started the blog, I was fixing to get my novel into shape for Pitchwars. Which I did. I don't know that I'll ever put myself through that again. It's a great program. But for me, it was too all-or-nothing and the deadline was too tight. On the positive side, it did motivate me to get through that first draft and as far as first drafts go, I was proud of it.




I queried that dang book a lot of places. Got a few full requests, which was an improvement from how my first novel did on the query game before I self-published. I felt pretty okay about that.




Then I got a couple of really constructive pieces of feedback from a couple of agents who requested but turned down the full book, and I went back at it in a different way.




Fast forward a thousand years but in another more actual sense only several months. The book is reworked, re-edited, re-proofed and re-titled. And I am now in the process, the excruciating minutiae process of writing the query again and the synopsis. And in that query is this link. It's also on my twitter which I have been working at for years, all with this dud link in the profile.




So here I am, writing about the writing, which I find terribly meta and obnoxious. But such is life. And I do care, passionately and way too much, about getting an agent and selling this book.




Also, there is the added and unrelated complication that I am listening to Liane Moriarty's Nine Perfect Strangers so much and so often that my internal dialogue sometimes accidentally attempts an Australian Accent.




Add all the normal angst. What if someone reads the blog? What if no one reads the blog?

Thanks for reading the blog. I promise I will keep at it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback T.V. Thursday

It's  Throwback T.V. Thursday. I'm about to seem very old, so be warned. My parents were pretty strict about what we were...