Saturday, May 2, 2020

Looking Forward


Be positive, they said.  Look forward to the future, they said.




Here's what I'm looking forward to.



I'm Canadian. I live an hour from the Michigan border and about once a month, Husband and I drive to Michigan. I shop at Kohl's and Meijer and Hobby Lobby. (He sleeps in the back of the SUV in the parking lots.) We have lunch at Cracker Barrel and get coffee at Dunkin on the way home. I cannot wait to sit in front of that fireplace, drink ten glasses of diet Dr. Pepper and annoy Husband by how long I spend in the gift shop.



My baby brother is my favourite person. We go out for breakfast about once a month. We have favourite breakfast spots and favourite items on the menu. I can't WAIT to go out for breakfast with Zeke again.



(Am I looking forward to anything other than food? Maybe.)



THE MOVIES. Every other Friday Husband and I go to the movies. Usually to the cinema around the corner where we can order dinner in our seats. Every year we try to see all the nominees in Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Actress. We go to the movies for New Years Eve and sometimes on Christmas. I can't wait to get my butt into one of those reclining seats, shoveling popcorn a small distance from the bag to my face. I can't wait to watch a movie.



The thing I miss the most (still food) is Sunday Dinner.

Family dinners are a big deal at my parents' house and they're on hold.  I can't wait to have another Sunday dinner. Even when my brothers drive me crazy. Even when someone complains about what I made for dessert.



There are a lot of things to look forward to.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback T.V. Thursday

It's  Throwback T.V. Thursday. I'm about to seem very old, so be warned. My parents were pretty strict about what we were...